This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PastaPerfection #CollectiveBias
I have 2 words to describe this post… COMFORT FOOD. 6 years ago my son and I had to say good bye to gluten which is a challenge to say the least. It is so much easier when there is gluten free pasta that tastes this good. Every now and then you just need a taste of things that you used to enjoy like pasta. If you are gluten free or have tried it you will probably agree that one of the hard parts is finding gluten free products that don’t taste gluten free or that don’t have the consistency of cardboard. Plus they are usually so expensive. Well I am happy to report that I am going to save you all of that trouble. Look no further because Barilla gluten free pasta is hands down the best gluten free pasta you will find and it is reasonably priced. I included a coupon code below, don’t miss it! I am happy to share this recipe with you and you can find more great ideas on the Barilla Gluten Free Page
I love to have my pasta dressed with olive oil, salt and Parmesan cheese. So I made this recipe based on what I like and the family gave it two thumbs up. I also wanted it to be light but still packed with flavor and protein. Not all olive oils are created equal. I like to choose varieties from California because they have very strict regulations for extra virgin olive oil.
Sun dried tomatoes, hot Italian sausage, crushed red pepper, and fresh basil came together and made a winning combo. I used the sausage for flavor but added chicken breast for extra protein and fewer calories. *Recipe Below
Some gluten free pastas are either hard or disintegrate and turn to mush, but the texture of Barilla gluten free pasta is the most like regular pasta that I have found plus it is made with non-GMO corn and rice and that makes my mama heart happy. It is easy to find at your local grocer and can be found right next to all the other Barilla pasta. I get mine at Stater Bros.
Gluten Free Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Fresh Basil:
You will need:
- 1 box Barilla gluten free penne pasta
- 3 hot italian sausage
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes- diced
- 3-4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO), plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 chicken breast cooked and cubed
- a dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- a handful of snipped fresh basil
- salt to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- saute sausage in skillet for 30 mins turning every few minutes, set aside and slice
- cook pasta according to package instructions, I found 10 minutes to be the perfect time, drain and rinse with cold water
- in the skillet (one big enough to hold the pasta) add the 2 tablespoons of EVOO and saute the crushed garlic, sun dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes for just a few minutes to take the edge off the garlic, be careful not to brown the garlic
- to the skillet add the pasta, sausage, chicken, EVOO, fresh basil, salt to taste and toss until combined and warm
- scoop in individual bowls and top with parmesan cheese
I set out extra EVOO, salt and red pepper flakes so that everyone can add a little extra to their liking. I sure did!
Here is a COUPON for you so that you can try it too!!!
I had a very willing taste tester plus another who was really hoping to get in on it. They were so cute I had to snap a quick pic.
Don’t worry Willow gets spoiled, see for yourself