Have you heard all the buzz in the DIY land about using dropcloths as an inexpensive alternative to linen? Well there is a reason and it is because they really do have the look of tumbled linen or vintage grainsack. I use them as tablecloths and I love the casual laid back feel they bring to my table. You just need to do one thing first…….
Here’s What You Do:
- You need to wash them in a delicate cycle with a 1/4 cup of bleach.
- Tumble dry until damp (the 6X9 size is big at first but after washing and drying it shrinks to the perfect size for a 60″ to 72″ table)
- Then lay them out flat to finish drying.
Easy peasy!! You now have a linen look tablecloth for 11 dollars. Total win!!
I use the ProLine brand from LOWE’S in the 6X9 size. (*not an affiliate link)
I use them on my patio table like I did here in my Spring Patio Refresh
It lends that Old World and vintage feel that we all love so much.
See a little glimpse of it below paired with a grainsack runner from World Market. Winning combo!!! That’s my Rosemary Corn Off The Cob which is the easiest side dish you will ever make.
They can be dressed up too!! I used one for this California Coastal Tablescape and it was the perfect backdrop.
Just a couple of things to keep in mind:
- They have a hefty seam running down the middle. That’s why I use a runner or long centerpiece.
- They keep shrinking, so when you get it to the size that you like be extra careful with drying times.
I know that you will love yours as much as I love mine!!!
This is being shared at Shabby Creek Cottage
*I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
It is that time of year already!! Can you believe it? Make it less painful with some unique finds for a style savvy student!